The Singer’s Tongue
Instructor: Dr. Julia Nielsen
When: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:30pm-8:30pm
Where: Dr. Nielsen’s Studio, San Francisco, CA
Fee: $70 for studio members, $80 for non-members
Participants: This workshop is open to singers of all genres interested in the topic being addressed. However, it is geared towards classical singers.
Description: This seminar will explore:
- The anatomy and physiology of the tongue
- The relationship between tongue and laryngeal function during singing
- Advanced tongue stretches and base of tongue massage techniques
- Ideal tongue positions for vowels and consonants, and common positioning pitfalls to avoid
- 13 exercises for accomplishing separation of tongue and jaw, and releasing tongue root tension
- Tools for monitoring the tongue while singing
Registration: Please contact Dr. Julia Nielsen to reserve a spot.