Portland Master Class
Instructor: Dr. Julia Nielsen
When: RESCHEDULED FOR MARCH 2020
Where: Clark College, Beacock Music Building (MUS) Room 104, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, OR
Fee: $45 for auditors ($35 for full time students with student I.D.), $65 for working singers
Registration: Registration is limited. Please email Dr. Julia Nielsen at email@example.com to reserve a spot and receive payment instructions. If you would like to be considered to sing, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants: Although this master class was designed with classical singers and voice teachers in mind, it is open to singers of all genres.
Description: The purpose of this master class is to offer singers and teachers the opportunity to observe technical teaching in a public setting.
Some of the specific subject matter covered will include:
- A practical definition of lower body support
- Achieving balanced registration in both male and female voices
- Finding optimal resonance (acoustical protection) for the voice
- Strategies for applying technique to repertoire
- What to listen and watch for in the first voice lesson with a new student
- Properly diagnosing vocal fach
During the afternoon, four singers of varying voice categories, ages, and levels of experience will be vocalized by Julia, and then will present a piece of repertoire to work on with Julia.